Dr. Lecon ( Lee ) Woo is Baxter Distinguished Scientist
Emeritus and founder of LWoo Associates LLC assisting diverse clients from
15B biopharma to small device makers on medical material and device
development, drug delivery, and processing design.
He is a lifelong practicing scientist on polymer
spectroscopy, additives and leachable profile, microscopy, thermal analysis
and rheology. As a fellow of the Society of Plastics Engineers, he is
globally recognized for his scientific contributions in medical polymers and
executive leadership with huge commercial impact evidenced by more than 54
patents, 12 book chapters and > 85 peer reviewed publications.
• Novel eco-friendly polyolefin products replacing PVC
with superior economics.
• Unique shelf life prediction methodology supported by
real time data.
• Scientific problem solving and root cause CAPA
- Complex Drug-Surface interaction ( value >$30M /yr )
- Device brittleness upon radiation sterilization
- Alloy moisture control for failure free device ( > 2B
- Heterogeneous phase Particulate Matter ( PM) in drug
- Processing contamination with serious physiological
• Technical evaluation in acquisition due diligence and
Trained in chemical physics from the University of
Chicago, prior Baxter, he won for Dupont the R&D-100 Award for Dynamic
Mechanical Analyzer (DMA) and at ARCO Chemical Company, developed
polyolefins, thermoplastic elastomers, and adhesives. He became the
technical director at Baxter’s corporate Material and Membrane Technology
Center in 1984. In 1992, he became the first person named to the executive
position of Baxter Distinguished Scientist.
Click to download:
• list of recent publications
LWoo Associates, LLC
1013 Shari Lane
Libertyville, IL 60048